We've done the research for you!
Seasons, School Terms, Public Holidays, Sports and Nature – All your need to know dates!
Western Australia is eight hours ahead of GMT in British winter time and seven hours ahead in British summer time.
It’s an hour and a half behind Adelaide and Darwin and two hours behind the East Coast excluding October to March when most other states put their clocks forward an hour to daylight savings time. WA, Northern Territories and Queensland do not have daylight savings time.
WA is also in the same time zone as Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Spring – September to November
- Summer – December to February
- Autumn – March – May
- Winter – June to August
School Terms 2017
- Term 1 – 1st February to 7th April
- Term 2 – 24th April to 30th June
- Term 3 – 17th July to 22nd September
- Term 4 – 9th October to 14th December
Public Holidays 2017
- New Years Day – Sunday 1 January & Monday 2 January
- Australia Day Public Holiday – Thursday 26 January
- Labour Day – Monday 6 March
- Good Friday – Friday 14 April
- Easter Monday – Monday 17 April
- Anzac day – Tuesday 25 April
- Western Australia Day – Monday 5 June
- Queens Birthday – Mondayn 25 September
- Christmas Day – Monday 25 December
- Boxing Day – Tuesday 26 December
- Cricket – October to March
- Aussie Rule Football – March to September
- A League Soccer – August to February
- Super 15 Rugby – February to May
- Whale Migration – May to November
- Swim with Whale Sharks (Exmouth) – March to June
- Wild Flower Season – June to November